>

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

NEW CREATION STATION

Since I am unable to "do" stairs, I had my sons move my craft stuff from the lower level of my townhome to the first floor second bedroom/office (which it used to be).  They also bought me a new desk and chair and put a ceiling fan/light in the room as the window faces west and can get really warm in the afternoon.  Got rid of a futon, file cabinet, lots of books, etc. to accommodate the new desk and chair.  A friend came over the other day and helped me organize as Kevin and Mike just brought stuff upstairs while I was still in rehab - so I didn't know where anything was.  What a joy it is to have everything where I can find it and to have such great family and a friend to help.  Here are some pics of the new room!







Top left is an antique oak file cabinet that holds a multitude of supplies.  Next to it is an old oak library table and another wood table where I keep my clear stamps, embossing folders, and stencils organized in wooden boxes (Target) and vintage filing and sewing machine drawers.  Bottom left is my new desk and chair.  Last is another view of the desk with the bookcase where I keep more supplies.  It will probably be tweaked a bit more as time goes by, but right now it works for me.  The desk has a pull out space where a keyboard is supposed to be, but I have a small paper cutter, my MISTI, and a small score board stored on it.  So handy. There is also a deep filing drawer where I keep all my cardstock.  The desk came from Office Depot (RealSpace).  

All for now.  


12 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great Betty. The wood pieces are awesome. Love the look of this room, and I am sure you'll continue to feel inspired in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that furniture. it is great that you can now avoid stairs. stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful crafting space, Betty! So glad you've gotten it organized! I tried to do some organizing yesterday & got so discouraged & overwhelmed. Will keep trying a bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very tidy and comfy!!! Glad you can create more comfortably in your new space, Betty :)! The antique furnitures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic Betty. Good to have a dedicated space to create. Hope you are healing well and you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful furniture...love the tall cabinet. Best wishes as you continue to recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab crafty space, Betty - bet it's great to have it so handy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous Betty, and how handy the keyboard shelf sounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your craft room looks great, neat storage and so cozy!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room looks really nice and functional. Hope you enjoy it and keep crafting. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so blessed to have sons that would do such a fabulous job to make things easier for you, Betty! I LOVE all the wood in your room...so homey and comfy! I spy a Longaberger basket, which is a must for every craft room :) Enjoy, my friend...you deserve all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That room looks so good Betty.... will you keep your crafting there when you have fully recovered?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!