>

Monday, January 30, 2017

HYDRANGEA

The current Ellen Hutson's Pinsights challenge has some pretty blues and grays for inspiration - so I chose to use those colors with the mondo hydrangea stamp (a favorite of mine).


I watercolored the white embossed flower with my Zigs and a damp brush, stamped the flower again in a soft gray onto a light gray base, added the sentiment from the same set in black and heat embossed in clear, added some clear raindrops, rounded the corner and done!!



Thanks for visiting today and love to read your kind comments.   

 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Betty--love your coloring & wonderful design! Perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design Betty - and the hydrangea is magnificent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your hydrangea in the blues, Betty - so gorgeous over the grey outline ones on the grey card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty this is just so darned eyecatching and pretty. Love your blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! so pretty, Betty! Light blue and gray make a beautiful combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, Betty! The Essentials by Ellen mondo hydrangea is one of my favorite flowers too, in fact it is my favorite hydrangea stamp. And we have a lot to choose from :)...
    Thank you for your visit and good news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty, Betty! I love how you layered your design, and how you watercolored the hydrangea's! I can see why this bloom is your fave :) Great job on the inspiration photo, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!