>

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

BLUE PEONY

The challenge for August at CAS Mix-Up is to use sprays, stamping and a choice.  

 
Since I had stamped and embossed quite a few of the peonies, I colored another one with my Zigs.  Made the background by smooshing (choice) peacock feathers and tumbled glass distress ink on a piece of watercolor paper.  Then made a mixture of Perfect Pearls and water and sprayed with a mini mister.  That caused the colors to blend and spread a bit more and gave it a wonderful pearly finish.  When it was all dry, I die cut the piece.  Figured out where to put the sentiment and stamped in black and clear embossed.  Then added the panels and the florals.  You'll have to believe me about how pretty and shiny the card is.  There's still time to enter this challenge as it ends on 24 August.

 
Thanks for visiting to day and your comments make my day!
 


11 comments:

  1. This is SO BEAUTIFUL!! Love the colours Betty ... so fresh and bright and summery. :) Gorgeous design and layout. And those Peony blooms are just perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...stunning background and I know it shimmers..no convincing. Your peonies is so beautifully colored. TFS and playing with us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd been missing you, Betty! I'm so glad you brought this beauty over. Your peony is gorgeous and I love the background with the split for the sentiment! I'll bet that shine is gorgeous too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the curvy sentiment space and your gorgeous background, Betty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty Betty. Everything just flows so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, wow, wow! It looks very beautiful in the picture, but in reality it must be much more beautiful. I imagine glow perfrct perls on the background and I know that this card inspire you. I love the blue colors.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. My birthday is a long time from now, but you're welcome to send me this card early--haha! Absolutely stunning work, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, love the colours used. Dont tell Greta but I think you should give it to me firstly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Betty! I love how you colored your Peony, and your background is really beautiful! There's nothing like some Perfect Pearls to add shimmer to a card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!