>

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

AQUA EGG

Last week I was delighted to learn that I had won Color Throwdown#383 and consequently am their guest designer this week.  And how lucky I am to create a card in my favorite colors - wouldn't you just love to be having your cuppa in that gorgeous mug??


I smooshed a piece of watercolor paper with Ranger salty ocean and broken china spritzed with water.  While that was drying, die cut the egg in Michael's gold metallic paper.  Attached a piece of acetate to it and then cut out 3 more eggs which were then glued together.  Sprinkled some MS glitter in this and adhered the watercolor piece to it.  Carefully cut away the excess watercolor paper and was left with my lovely blue egg.  Finished with a stitched rectangle for a mat.  My inspiration was the shape of the scallops and glittery bits in the cup photo - and of course the colors.
Check out Color Throwdown#385 and join their challenge this week.  Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your guest spot. A stunning card. And the colour is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those colours Betty! Great design! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Beautiful colours from your smooshed background and sequins. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, love how you did this with the glitter and acetate! Some of my favorite colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your GD, and your win! Yes that cup is fabulous and so is the darling egg card shaker you made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your GD spot, Betty! This is a very sweet easter shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your guest design spot, Betty! Love your beautiful blue watercolor background with the glitter colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your guest design spot, Betty! Love your beautiful blue watercolor background with the glitter colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your GD post Betty! What a beautiful shaker card, love how you used the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, you rocked the colors and came up with such a stunning, clean design! Love the glittery touches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Betty! Beautiful use of the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win, and on your Guest Designer spot, Betty! I love how you played with this color combo...your Easter egg is perfect in gold with all that gorgeous watercoloring inside! Love how you added sparkle, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun Easter card! Love the egg shaker element. Thanks again for being our Guest Star Stamper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your beautiful Easter shaker card, Betty! And I'm so glad you could join us as the Guest Star Stamper this week. Your creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous shaker card, Betty! Just love the blue background behind the egg with the crisp white card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I most certainly WOULD love to have my coffee in that cup! Congrats on the win & your card is just gorgeous, Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!