>

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

IT'S THE BERRIES

The theme of Merry Monday's challenge this week is berries and I wanted to do something a little different than just an ordinary wreath.


I started by watercoloring a large piece with various greens.  When dry, I cut out a bunch of stitched holly leaves in three sizes.  I embossed a circle on the card front and played around a bit with a few ideas.  Finally glued on the gold cord and just added a few holly leaves with gold sequins for the berries.  Die cut the joy sentiment and done.  The holly leaves are all sparkly with WOS.

Thanks for stopping by and always enjoy reading your comments.
 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, Betty! I love your gold wreath and berries with the watercolored leaves! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this elegant card! Your water colored holly leaves with gold sequined berries are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever design Betty! I LOVE this idea! Have a lovely evening/day! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful - I love this idea Betty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool wreath with the gold cord, Betty - very mod! Love the sequin berries too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun take on berries Betty. Such a nice fresh view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your take on the merry Monday challenge, betty!! the sequin berries are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design Betty. LOVE your watercoloured holly leaves. But the cording really intrigued me. It looks amazing, and adds a lot of sparkle and depth. Beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your gold wreath and berries...they really stand out against your beautifully colored holly leaves! A real CAS beauty Betty!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever you are to use the gold cord for your wreath! I love the soft green holly leaves and sequins, too! Another gorgeous card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!