>

Thursday, December 17, 2015

YOU PROBABLY NEVER...

thought you'd see the day with a card from me with penguins on it!!  Last summer I met Linda Wetterlin for lunch and mentioned I could never do a cutsey card with little animals, big eyed children, mermaids or anything else like that.   And I think mentioned penguins in my list of stuff.  Shortly afterwards, a nice little packet of penguins came in the mail!!  Can't imagine who sent them???  So I HAD to make a card for Linda just to prove myself wrong - and I actually had a fun time making this card for her - I may have to eat my words.
 






The penguins, sentiment and snowflakes are from HA and the little trees and hearts are from Ellen Hutson.  The snowflakes were embossed with HA white embossing powder (the best there is!).   I put some glossy accents on the little hearts and embossed the sentiment with clear HA powder.  I hand cut the white snowbanks and added some WOS for some sparkle.  Little gold stars and clear sequins from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today and always love reading your kind comments.  Betty

9 comments:

  1. adorable! I don't do cutesy either, although I wish I could. It just never works. Yours is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is one cute card Betty, so I think you will definitely have to eat your words! Thank you for making me smile ;) Have a lovely day and a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year in 2016! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card with these cute penguins.... love them

    Wish you a merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose there is always a first time, even for penguins :)
    Happy Christmas and every blessing for the New Year, dear Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty it is adorable. Cutesy works for you! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! Merry Christmas Betty...looking forward to more of your creations in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for my late visit! This is such a cute card, Betty! Your CAS design really makes these penguins pop! I think you definitely proved yourself wrong, and I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to feel the same way about little animals on cards, Betty, but now I really like them!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog for my 10th Anniversary Celebration -- I really appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I chuckled when I got this in the mail, Betty - thanks so much!! I love what you did with the penguins, especially the heart addition (right up my alley). Truly - I'm not into cutesy either but these penguins fall into the charming category in my mind - can't resist them!! Let me know when you need more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!